Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Review #2: Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James

     "When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating." E L James' Fifty Shades of Grey drew me in, wanting to know more about this Christian Grey character.

     What made even want to start reading this book, were the comments I had heard from other people. Had I known this book was going to be extremely vivid and detailed, I probably would not have not started reading it. Since I started reading the book, I supposed I would finish it, although there had been several times I told myself I didn't think I would be able to finish it.

     The life lesson this book gives off is I would say, just making smart decisions. There were times when one of the main characters, Anastasia's subconscious would tell her what she was doing or were going to do, just weren't right. Anastasia had found herself in a type of relationship if you call it, that she was not familiar with and did not know if she would want to stay in this so called relationship.

     Not so much does the setting conflict with the characters, but the decisions they make. Christian Grey, CEO of his own company, isn't someone you think you would know. He's very different and his differences are what cause some problems between him and his "partner", Anastasia Steele.

     Would I recommend this book to anyone? No. This book is for mainly adults and again, had I known Fifty Shades of Grey was going to be such a vivid book, I wouldn't had picked it up.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment